we started off our day by taking summit on a ride and then letting him run. he loves to run and we love to let him run.
soup on the stove always makes my sunday cozy. my daughter hates soup. she claims soup does not make a meal it is what we have before the meal. so i try to bake on soup days….it softens her for the soup blow.
i am a genius because she was so excited about licking the bowl clean she did not even mention the soup.
- 3 large extra ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond or coconut flour or you can use all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup buttermilk
- preheat oven to 325.
- grease and flour a loaf pan.
- in a medium size bowl, mash bananas until creamy and stir in lemon juice.
- in a medium size bowl, whisk together flour,baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- in a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars.
- beat in the eggs until combined.
- fold in the bananas.
- add in the vanilla extract and milk.
- beat until combined.
- add the dry mixture into the wet mixture. mix until incorporated but do not over mix.
- pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
i doubled the recipe for two loaves and it worked out perfectly.
i ended the day with some herbal tea. i love tea and i always wake up with a cup and have another one before bed. somehow a day started and ended with a warm cup of tea can never go wrong.