i then place the lettuce in canning jars filling them to over full packing the lettuce in the jars as tight as possible. then i place the lid on and put them in the fridge. do not open them until you are ready to use the lettuce remember once you open it the clock starts ticking on how long you will have nice lettuce.
i have actually kept lettuce fresh up to a month doing it this way.
pinterest won me on this one.
i love popcorn. i used to go to the theatre not to go to the movie but to sneak in and buy a bucket of popcorn. i was lucky enough to live in a small town that would allow me to do that. now that i am older and never live in a village/town large enough to have a theatre i am forced to make my own.
for years i have searched for the perfect popper and ended up throwing or giving away poppers that just did not cut it. then my friend introduced me to the stir crazy popper and my love for popcorn has been taken to a new level.
i use coconut oil for everything these days, another tip from another friend (if you are wondering if i have any original thoughts….i wonder that too). anyway i use coconut oil and gourmet white popcorn. the coconut oil is better for me and the popcorn is delicious. when using gourmet popcorn you use less kernels if that matters to anyone? i just like the way it pops up better than a cheaper brand.
clean up is easy. i just take a clean sponge and wipe out the popper. i wash the bowl in a little soap and water.
i do not add butter to my popcorn not because it tastes better without it but because it is healthier that way. i do add some popcorn salt. the kernels are perfectly popped with very few solid kernels to get in the way of things.
i accidentally deleted my blog, simply blogged, don’t ask how i did that because i am not really sure. after the initial shock i immediately started to figure out how to recover it. then i decided things happen for a reason. i started to think about other blogging possibilities and thought about my strengths, we all have them, and decided to tap into that. i am good at organizing. i love photography. i thought i could combine the two and start a blog.
we move every three years or so and each time i have to refocus my home and priorities to match the new lifestyle we will be living in each new place. organization is a huge part of that. i would like to focus on that more. i always have referred to my home as the traveling palace. it sounded like the perfect title for the blog.
then i came up with a top ten list for this year and for my blog.
1. focus word — enjoy
2. photography — start taking pictures again. after working for more than two years i have decided to stay home. the kids are all over the state and it is so nice to just be able to jet off if i need to. also i am really excited to really focus on my favorite hobby, photography.
3. family fun, travel and the great outdoors– this year i would like to see more of the state. i love traveling outside but this year i really would like to see the inside passage and a few other places here locally.
4. home — i would like to focus on keeping my home organized and efficient this year. since i am not working this year i would also like to work on a budget that will be pleasing to my bank account.
5. inspiration — to achieve my goals this year i really need to also focus on all things inspiring. i really do not want to wander aimlessly…that will be a challenge for me.
6. mind, body, soul — healthy eating, exercise, and a healthy mind….that is a load in itself but we will see how far i get with that. i am hopeful.
7. technology — since my son is at college he really hates when i call him asking him tedious tech questions. he feels that now he has left the nest that i need to grow up and figure it out. another load.
8. shopping — with the “budget” issue coming into play i really need to figure out my gift giving and my everyday shopping as well.
9. home decor — i would like to focus on a clean design of my home decor. i am really excited about this one….i love decorating.
10. organize — i really would like to get it together this year. with the move, new home, new area….I just want to take the time to organize my home, life, everything!